BONUS ROUND: INTERNSHIP TRAINING & REPORT


Well it's that time of the year again... ANOTHER BONUS ROUND, SEMESTER 4.5

After the experiences of the site measurements from semester 2.5 and an addition of another 11+ months of university training, it's time for our first architectural internship program of a duration of 8 weeks. The aim of this additional yet crucial semester is for us students to get real-world exposures of the requirements, activities and operations involved in architectural and construction practices. It also give us students a change to have a firm understanding on the general nature, principles and procedure of law and legislation as applied to architectural drawings, especially the Building by-laws.While working as an intern, we students are also tasked to record and submit a well written report of our progress and projects encountered during internship practices in which must be reviewed by the firm's supervisor or employer.
Complete Cipta Teguh Team
Architect Team

Reflection:
The past 8 weeks of internship was a great, eye-opening experience; involving myself to many real-world exposures on the building industry which was never experienced during my time in campus. I had learned the ability to communicate through CAD indications and layering, obtained a new software skill set of 3D visualization that is currently well preferred in the building industry, involved myself on site meetings to check site’s condition and scheduled meetings, and understanding the general idea regarding our country’s Building by-laws and authority procedures of a building project.

Now I have truly realized and get to have an appetizing taste on what is coming after my architectural graduation, even though some of the scenarios I have experienced while working did happened during my time in campus. Such as having clear communication between teammates and clients to ensure consistency (Meeting Minutes), sacrificing time to meet deadlines, and of course, the desire and persistency to learn more and be more than just an architect, but also a better one.

Last of all, I would like to thank my mentor, Mr. Ng Chin Kai for patiently guiding me through every step of inquiries and demonstrating fine architectural examples for the past 8 weeks of my internship, and other members of Cipta Teguh Architects SDN BHD whom also gave time to teach me the fundamentals of the building industry.