STUDIO 3C: VISITOR INTERPRETIVE CENTRE


Ah finally, time to write about my experience on this final Studio 3 submission. I just want to first tell anyone who is reading this right now that it was one hell of a ride with its really, really, really steep learning curve from semester 2 to semester 3.

Continuing from my previous post, after the feedbacks and critics from project 2, we are now in the refinement stage where all of us have to understand and treat our design like a baby. Project 3 is more into spacial design, accommodating essential spaces like toilets, galleries and cafes, plus our very own taste in it. Every corner, every space, every sensation is carefully thought out, reasoned and follows our initial concept. The process is very crucial, and changes are very likely with every tutorial session with our tutors.

It keeps growing and growing like an obese baby.
This final assignment is also where I finally have the confidence to commit in using computer softwares to produce my 4 A1 boards. I remember the lifestyle wasn't very healthy where I, and possibly my whole batch, spent most of our time sitting, staring and crying working in front of the computer screen. Compared to my previous semesters, this is a whole other level of tiredness, with your straining eyes looking more and more like a typical Chinese drawn with 0.1 line weight.

But I was quite proud of my outcome, even though I missed out some of my crucial points in the boards. The 2 + 2 boards are purposely visually contradicting made to further prove my concept point, plus for me to experiment different types of presentation styles. I even placed my boards on a 90 degree corner because (pattern pattern).






Lucky for me, physical models are an exception for this project. Initially I felt it would be quite empty and hard to explain my ideas to the external critics, so using back the same software that I created the renderings for the boards, I manged to produce a short overview of my proposing design.

  

End of Semester 3
Halfway to the Finish Line.
Typical Chinese 0.1 line weight eyes