STUDIO 3A: Journey of the 5 senses


One second I was in my first year first semester, rushing for my orthographic drawings submission at the studio; now I'm already halfway to finish line of my degree course, rushing for my eportfolio submission at my home . *Sigh* time flies like a maternal mongrel.

But progress is made, and we are finally introduced to computer softwares to actually do our boards and renderings! But that's not the main point, this semester's studio theme is towards a more poetic touch in our building designs. And our first assignment is to create 2 memorials using both linear and concentric idea on either design. The concept is to understand and utilize human senses for user experience enhancements by using basic psychological techniques and ideas.

In a group of 5, we proposed two design for Lee Kuan Yew and the Laha Datu incident using the Jewish Museum and the Fujian Tulou as our precedent studies. By the way we didn't use computer softwares to create our boards yet, most of us are still in the pre-learning stage. And my main motto for computer renderings is: Either you do it nicely, or don't do it at all.





I really love this kind of thinking practice where we as architect (students) are to think both aesthetically and relevantly. I like to think as beauty attracts masses, idea attracts professionals; balance the two and you will achieve greatness.